Sunday, June 14, 2009

My Boy Carlo


How Carlo Jose Lolarga Trinidad became CJ today I haven’t quite figured out. I guess he TRANSFORMED! That’s the only answer I can think of. When he came into our lives in 1979, I called him by many names like Moopsie, Carlo Warlo, Carl and other forms of endearment that only a doting aunt-godmother could think of. When my own kids were grown, they wondered why I liked giving him personal hygiene products (men’s deodorant mainly) as my Christmas gift. It was for the pleasure of writing on the card the message “Keep on rolling, Carlo Warlo!” Here’s the boy as a boy with his toys some of which are collector’s items and are part of the roving exhibition of "Transformers" robots at different malls in Metro Manila. Keep on rolling, CJ!

Here is the rest of the toy exhibit schedule:
June 20-21 : SM North Edsa (Sky Dome)
June 20 : Robinson's Galleria
June 21 : Shangri-La Mall

June 26 : Mall of Asia

June 27-28 : Robinson's Galleria
June 28 : SM Megamall
June 28 : Glorietta 3

This is a project of Cybertron Philippines and Solar-UIP. Display cabinets will feature Transformers and G.I. Joe collectibles

No comments: