Thursday, October 6, 2011

Cake! Cake! Cake!

Babies these days get to mark their "monthsaries" and always with a chunk of cake. The recently departed Steve Jobs said in a memorable commencement address,"Don't settle."

My grandchild's mother, Kimi, was ready to settle for a cupcake to commemorate the sixth month of life of our tweetheart, her daughter Kai Mykonos (notoriously renamed Butones by her grandmother--that should be me). I was also willing to compromise--when I texted the Grumpa of Butones to remind him about priority to-buy list (our maintenance medication), I added "Optional: cake for Kai's monthsary."

Well, what do you know? Grumpa obliged, necessitating an extra walk up Session Road to purchase a medium-size Black Forest from Vizco's.I was hoping for four kalamansi tarts from O Mai Kan though, but that's reaching for the moon.

What more when Butones learns to speak? Will she say "With thick caramel middle"? Hope she learns how to say "please".
The presentation

Putting to work her grabbing skill

Can't keep away from the icing

Cake snatched by adults; Kai's mouth forms a mournful, inverted U.

No comments: