Thursday, December 22, 2011

Past 80th mark this year

Your friendly blogger is crossing a personal milestone with this entry. It marks my 81st--quite a feat since I started blogging in '08 and closed that year with 47 blogs.
For me, the number of blogs per month is a good indicator of any of the following: things are going well in my life that I have much to write about; I'm kind of manic; or the urge to write is so strong (very well-motivated).
On months when entries are scarce, it's a sign of any of these things: too lazy or depressed to write (the laziness or the languor is usually brought about by the depression when the only "intelligent" activity I can manage to do is to read a work of fiction and follow the plot to its end) or too busy with official work duties.
But ever since I joined some Facebook communities that stress the positive, I've also built up a collection, nay, an arsenal of inspirational images and quotable quotes. I open that folder on the laptop whenever I need reminding that I have to learn self-acceptance, mainly of my limitations, self-forgiveness, even self-love.
So herewith are some of my choice inspirationals that got me through the year by way of saying a big "thank you" to my followers (mainly family and some friends).
So I'm setting a goal of 100 blogs for 2012. That's reasonable because if I can cross from 80 to the next numeral, anything's possible.

No comments: