Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Late Valentine for Miss Puppy Dog Eyes



today an anonymous texter asked me to
"go crazy with cusina post-valentina
--lengua majadera guisado con miriam
habladora with full moon cake"

what was i to make of it?
i couldn't very well tell the sender:
"who's this, please?"
that common question asked
of an unidentified person out there
trying to touch another human
who's steering clear of meat & politics

my tongue itches to taste
soursop newly emerged from the freezer
then allowing you to feel its pockmarked skin

my eyes ache to watch you
chew your carrots reflectively
or your face, that funny face,
grimace at the taste of
out of season mangoes

i'm crazy for the roundness of
your head the size
of a volleyball

i'm mad for the echoes of your
bubbly babbles of
nonsense & some sense

beloved of beloveds
you who has altered
the moon in my destiny
let me have you in
my simple post-valentine menu

--Babeth Lolarga

1 comment:

Baguioisms said...

how lovely. babies are so fascinating. my valentino was a seven day old called maximus. joy of joys. happy post valentine to u too.