Tuesday, July 10, 2012

In love with La Laguna (part 1)

In Rikee Baluyut's bookshelf is a book on Nature that I happened to read two Sundays ago while lulling myself to sleep. I copied a quote that I am using in this entry to introduced another folio of flowers. Said quotation is attributed to Henry Ward Beecher: "Flowers are the sweetest things that God ever made and forgot to put a soul into."

Well, this soul likes to confess her insatiable greed for their beauty that I must always capture, then bring home with me to gaze over and over. I've been looking for a portable full-color book on Philippine flowers so if anyone out there can point me to a place where I can buy such a book that I can carry along with me in my off-on forays to the nearby countryside, pray, do share.

Meanwhile, let me have fun with the way I will arrange this latest bundle of blooms I brought home from the nooks and crannies encompassing my hostess Precious Leaño's cottage. I'm inclined to think that the Almighty Maker's form of poetry writing is making flowers open and close or coloring them in the subtlest and loudest ways.

Photos by Babeth Lolarga

No comments: