Friday, September 20, 2013

An Epic experience

Our coffee-maker is still running well, but it's the coffee pot that's broken. It's hard to find a replacement--it seems capitalism ensures you have to buy the whole set. So I've suffered minor caffeine withdrawal that has affected my alertness. Until I spotted Epic Cafe along East Capitol Drive, Barangay Kapitolyo, Pasig. I've read Lori Baltazar's blog on the place but never got around to trying it out. I did on Wednesday afternoon, obviously a slow hour. I had a whole table to myself and no one to share my slice of not-too-sweet food for the gods. I call this shot a study of brown on brown: cafe Americano in a light brown mug,the pastry with abstract lining of chocolate syrup, the wooden table, the shaker holding unrefined brown sugar.
 
What gives this cafe a nice warm ambience is the brick wall plus a community bulletin board announcing music night and even a book club assignment. I will turn up when Murakami is on the reading list.
The waiter says the bestselling pints of ice cream are vanilla bean and salted caramel. Good for another visit.
The juices and bottles of water are all made in Italy. I hope the lemon cake will be improved--the slice I tried was dry, the icing too sweet for what I half-expected to be on the sourish or lemon-y side.
Photos by Babeth Lolarga

No comments: