Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The Party-loving Fernandezes


What I like about my in-laws is they're big on togetherness, i.e., when they find those rare moments they can be in one area of the globe. Whether it's Alabang, Subic, Baguio, Torrance, Riverside, Las Vegas, any time the four brothers and three sisters and their respective partners are together, you can't get a word in edge-wise. Sometimes I don't even utter a syllable and just sit there taking in the non-stop gabbing that can last from 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. I would go to bed, come down and find them still at it.

I suppose it is because we leave far apart from one another. I enjoyed similar reunions in my childhood and adolescence with The Rowdy Bunch (TheClan Lolarga on Facebook).

Today, the sweltering heat of the metropolis has kept me indoors. To keep cool, I go through my daughters' posted pictures of our last reunion in the US of A.

We're thinking of doing a Subic edition of this at the Moonbay Marina Villas (also found on Facebook). But we don't know if the kith and kin on the other side of the ocean have already saved up for this event.

Hurry! Don't wait for another tsunami.

Photo by KIMI FERNANDEZ shows the Fernandez family in Riverside, California, after a dinner party celebrating Lucy F. Fernando's 73rd birthday.

No comments: