Friday, September 11, 2015

Stuff

There's a lot of it out there no matter how you remove all the fluff from your life to arrive at an elegant austerity. I saw this throw pillow at the Japanese restaurant Haru in Kapitolyo, Pasig City. My roving camera has captured stuff from all over that they're beginning to clutter the computer screen. My techy daughter always reminds me to delete old, unused files that are slowing down the gadget's speed and effectiveness.

And I think everything (the decor), if the price is right, is for sale so you never visit the same Haru (or Cafe Juanita or Breakfast @ Juanita's) twice. The owner knows how to hoard, display, then release stuff. I think it's the whole point of gathering stuff--to later give them away or share them even at a profit. The chandelier though looks like a permanent fixture. Photos by Babeth Lolarga

No comments: