Saturday, October 31, 2015

Just get it done

"Don't think about making ART, just get it done." - Andy Warhol

I don't think Kai Myknonos Fernandez, age four and six months, knows Andy from Adam, but she sure practices what he tells fearful adults to do.

I'm featuring today two collaborations we did for "Sampayan Blues," an art (there, I used the sacred word "art") exhibition ongoing until Nov. 14 at the Santuary Gallery of Maryknoll Ecological Sanctuary in Campo Sioco, Baguio City.

What I did was to collect her paintings and drawings. I enlarged the drawings, superimposing them on the colored background, then lined them in thick acrylic paints so their shapes will look more distinct. Later, I added some verses about those figures. Kind of like chromatext or ekphrasis poetry.

"Lavender and Blue Storm," mixed media on paper

give me lavender
give me blue
has the storm of colors stopped
look! the wind
carried off
your friend
Serene McJean


"Oval and Round," mixed media on paper

roundly let me
circle you,
darling dumpling,
dear sugar
replacement
let me oval
this arm
to fit you,
you cookie dough
cut into
your mother's likeness



No comments: