Monday, January 4, 2016

Small beginnings

I like receiving blank notebooks. I get them on all occasions, sometimes more than I need so I feel a need to dole them out in order not to feel overwhelmed at the prospect of words that must be composed to fill them up. I received a lime green leatherette notebook from Melen Araos early last year, and I envisioned it to be my doodle book (that's still apart from a diary). But guess who took to it naturally? Kai alias Curly tops curled her lines this way and that using her markers with a freedom a creative mind enjoys. I don't know the story behind the biblical verse that I wrote underneath, but the words are worth repeating.

"Do not despise these small beginnings, for the Lord rejoices to see the work begin..." - Zechariah 4:10

There are oodles of Kai's doodles, and I'm thinking, with my interest in all manner of journaling, of keeping one for the Scripture. Here's to small beginnings while 2016 is fresh.

No comments: