Sunday, August 9, 2020

Sunday lunch


It has become a Sunday habit to just order our food and have it delivered. But not on this foggy and rainy day when the motorcycle rider might have a hard time looking for our house and navigating the zigzag road to our village.

After our champorado at dilis breakfast, prepared by Rolly, I checked the freezer to see what was going on there. There were pork ribs and chicken breast. Adobo! I thought. Merely thinking about this comfort dish already makes me salivate. But oftentimes, I get the cooking wrong due to too much soy.

So I researched in Chef Tatung's Simpol FB page for a simple procedure. I followed him to the letter and was careful about the amount of soy sauce I poured onto the sizzling meat. Also I wasn't used to cooking the mixture with water, but since the chef specified this liquid, I followed him.

I let the rest of the ingredients boil for half an hour. Meanwhile, Rolly and Kai were agitating for food since it was way past noon. He asked that yesterday's Dipasupil de recado longganisa be re-fried while she helped herself to another bowl of champorado.

The adobo was ready by 1:15 p.m., and I was the only one to partake of my cooking. Rolly and Kai said they'd have it for dinner.

And isn't that the beauty of an adobo? It keeps well and tastes better hours and days after it's cooked.

No comments: