Saturday, April 21, 2012

Little bro no more

Traditional caption-writing goes from left to right. That's Eric, the brother I'm referring to in the title, with another sister, Pinky, and our Lola Purang. Taken at the old family home in Lower Brookside, Baguio City, summer of '68. Eric still likes wearing shorts, especially on weekends when he does his version of visita iglesia or mall hopping all over Ortigas Center. Brisk walking, badminton, basketball--all these activities crammed into his daylight hours. That's why he has never dealt with  unwanted body fat, unlike his other siblings. He also has the shortest first name among us. Poor Pinky who had to learn to write "Genevieve" when she was that high. I write this with the knowledge that Eric, Kerfwenk or Kwenk, turned 48 yesterday, has graying hair but still hasn't lost his childlike outlook. After I sent my SMS greeting from another part of Baguio where I've temporarily escaped from the Manila heat wave, he reminded me to bring down a loaf of raisin bread. That's why I love my little bro so. He doesn't ask much. B-) 

No comments: