Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Curious Kai and the colors of morning

Butones, my grand-daughter, otherwise known as Kai, and I have sort of established a morning habit since we automatically rise with the sun. After she's been cleaned up by her mother,  Ate Len or me, we go out for our walks when most of the few neighbors in our section of Green Valley are just stirring awake.

When her steps were still tentative, I used to push Butones on her trike, and she loved going over the humps on the side roads with the soundalike of "whee!"

But today, we went out for a real walk, she in her onesie paired with a pajama and sneakers, me in my old sweater pulled over my sleepwear, socks and slippers. I decided to bring my digicam along to see what moves of Butones I could document.

Well, she couldn't keep still so what I caught of her are these shots.

She would stand at attention when the morning breeze swept through her curls.


Most times, she was a study in motion.

On our way back to the house, maybe because her pace was slower, I had time to snap a few shots of the flora in our neighborhood, still fresh with dew and yesterday's rain. They were in unlikely corners and crannies, their fragility and colors a standout amidst the concrete boxes that now mark this part of Baguio. I was careful not to step too close because the bees were busy going about their business.









Wishing my and everyone's Wednesdays always begin this way.

Photos by Babeth Lolarga

2 comments:

mda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mda said...

Woot woot!