Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Foggy town

Window with a view
 That's the most fitting description for the city that I've temporarily left behind.

When I spent my summer there recently, my old girlfriends (all beyond 55 years old) met every Friday and listed all the little woes and worries our other friends had texted in or shared with us in some way . We spent those mornings, whenever chance and weather allowed me to join them, in a room with a bay window that looks over a part of Baguio and Benguet.
Flora and Irene discuss community matters.
It's a distracting view out there if I open my eyes when we're in the middle of our meditation and prayers. But afterwards when the exercise is done, it seems I'm transported elsewhere because of the ever-changing view despite staying in one place. Almost every minute, a different spot of the city or province is unveiled, depending on where the clouds happen to drift by.
Clouds creeping on little cat's feet
Last week, those clouds couldn't keep still. It was as if these puff balls were giving the sun an opportunity to shine on one shot for a few minutes (and help dry the laundry, a commonplace topic when the monsoon rains peter out after five days of them), then that spotlight moved to another area.

Cloud-gazing, wishing others well, being in the company of women--I can't imagine two hours better expended.
Cloud and pine cover
Photos by Babeth Lolarga

No comments: