Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Happy Independence Day, indeed





This proud nanay is flagrantly reprinting without her daughter's permission the blog that boldly declares this young woman's independence. Way to go, Ida gurl! By the way, she studied ballet for six years and spent two consecutive summers at the Trumpet Playhouse studying street dancing which may explain her pose.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That’s my country right there!
Now that I’m living overseas, I’m always proud to tell the people I meet that I’m from the Philippines. Sometimes the people here try to speak to me in Chinese or once when I was in the US, I made a man guess where I’m from and he said I looked Thai. But I’m always quick to correct them and say that I am a FILIPINO. :)
One of the best things that happened so far this month was when my boss approached me in the middle of my class to tell me that she is hiring another Filipino teacher. I was surprised because a month ago she said that she was planning to hire a teacher of a different nationality but she changed her mind when she observed “my good working attitude”. She was even happy to tell me that my probation period might end 2-3 months earlier (IF i heard her correctly haha. hanggang ngayon hanglabo parin ng singlish sakin!).
I can’t help but feel proud of Filipinos. We may have grown up in third-world ways but our talent, skills and attitude are world class! :)
Happy independence day, Philippines!
Source: http://idafernandez.tumblr.com

No comments: