Friday, August 9, 2013

888 can mean 'to infinity and beyond' or a reminder to eat fruit

It's SOP for me to check the stats on my blog every morning. The numbers don't lie, but I trust myself to keep on blogging even if page visitors in a week number four or five and no advertisements are forthcoming. All the more reason to keep the space ad-free and for me to keep this conversation going for the love of the keyboard (so pretentious to say "for love of the craft").

Last night's post was my 888th, including all the links to other people's articles and columns. Nevertheless, I want to celebrate because the numerals 888 are significant. In what way? This site, http://spiritlibrary.com/doreen-virtue/angel-numbers, explains why:

"888 — A phase of your life is about to end, and this is a sign to give you forewarning to prepare. This number sequence may mean you are winding up an emotional career or relationship phase. It also means there is light at the end of the tunnel. In addition it means, The crops are ripe. Don’t wait to pick and enjoy them. In other words, don’t procrastinate in making your move or enjoying the fruits of your labor."

So on this national and personal holiday, I will not procrastinate --I will finish the books that I vowed to review (part of the continuous livelihood writing projects that support "free enterprises" like blogging). After which I will reward myself with a banana. Life's good. Thank you, Blogger service!

Image from http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2392501


No comments: