Thursday, April 17, 2014

Unapologetically Cumberbatched

Even 11 and 13 year olds follow the guy. My daughter Kimi rued that at that age, she and her cousins were still into the cartoon characters The Rugrats.

I thought I was way past crushes until I watched a Sherlock Holmes episode aired in channel AXN, and curiosity egged me to ask Kimi to download the entire three seasons so I could treat myself to a marathon.

Last week I watched all the episodes daily and nightly. I sufficiently spooked myself while watching the episode on "The Hound of Baskerville" so I moved my viewing hours when there was daylight.

In the series, you hear Mr. Holmes (played in perfect pitch by Benedict Cumberbatch) make some disparaging remarks about Dr. Watson's blog. Well, that peaked my curiosity further, and I discovered that the other fictitious character, played by Martin Freeman, who lives at 221 Baker Street, does maintain a blog during his off hours. It hasn't been updated since we're all at the edge of our seats awaiting season four. Let not the wait extend to two years, please.

So in a way, I am Watsoned, too.

The address of a detective and his sidekick, even more famous now than 10 Downing Street. Images from Pinterest.com

No comments: