Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Postcards from the edge

I'm not much of a traveler. Blame it on my heavy butt and weak knee joints. During the rare times I joined family on a trip abroad (the last was to California for my daughter's wedding in November 2019), what I looked forward to was buying postcards and dropping them in the many mailboxes that still dot the streets of America. These photos, taken by my sister Gigi Lolarga in Solvang, captured me at work on a short stack of postcards in a restaurant where we stopped for breakfast en route to San Francisco. In the second picture, I'm outside the bakery that sold a lot of Danish pastries. I bought a big, fat bear's claw to tide me over during the long bus trip. I believe that we should help keep the postal offices all over the world alive. Sure, FB Messenger, a Zoom meeting or email (the last is even getting passe) may be faster and more efficient (no paper trail). There are some things that are better expressed in a letter or postcard than an FB comment. So here's to my FB friends who're also my pen pals: Arlene Esperida, Aida CF Santos, Joji Ravina-Lourence, Alma Cruz Miclat, Olive Tripon, Men Sta Ana, Isabela Varga, Precious Leano, Machiko Susi, Junic D Lolarga.

No comments: