Thursday, March 19, 2015

My physical parts

"The people we most love do become a physical part of us, ingrained in our synapses, in the pathways where memories are created." - Meghan O’Rourke

I can bonk my head with my fist on some days. I am so busy these days that I cannot even find my own buttocks sometimes. It's almost the end of the schoolyear so there are exams that must be administered, grades computed, evaluations composed apart from everyday writing deadlines. But I can't complain. I love doing all of the above that have to do with becoming a late bloomer of a teacher and an angst-filled writer.

To keep in touch my eldest kid Kimi sends me photos of her daughter, our Wee One. She has quickly grown out of toddler clothes and is turning into a full-grown child with her own smart-ass opinions and tyrannical ways. I wonder from what side of the family she gets it? Hmmmm...

While I was in recovery from assorted ailments and coping with deadlines in school and work, a little milestone occurred in The Wee One's life: Moving Up Day. Although I originally thought that her progressive little school didn't hand out academic honors, apparently it does. Kimi texted me Tuesday that her kid was handed out No. 3 honors in the Top Five of her nursery class.

Of course, the stage lolo can't help but sigh into my phone, "If she weren't so tardy or absent for many reasons, she would have been Number One."

Of course, the lola was furious! Her lines went: "For heaven's sake, Rolly! It's only nursery! Why are you pushing her so hard? Let her have some fun! Be happy that she's happy every time it's time to go to school!!!" And on and on she went until lolo had to say "Bye bye, see you when I see you." Why does the wife/mother/grandmother have to be right all the time? Told ya. That's where the kid got the bossy genes!


Proud Mamay and her daughter

Class of 2014-15, nursery level

No comments: