Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Still life in Imus

"When you understand that you are your soul, then you will experience Life as an expression of the soul." - Neale Donald Walsch

These are old pictures I captured in my secondhand, sputtering digital camera. Somehow I've managed to transfer these to the hard drive. The camera is going kaput any day now.

I took these images from the home of Elmer and Elenita Ordoñez during my first-time visit there on Aug. 21, 2014, with fictionist Geraldine "Ging" Maayo.

I have been (still am) ever grateful to Doc Ordoñez for the generous introduction he gave to my third collection of verses, Big Mama Sez: Poems Old & New, a limited edition book of 55 hard copies or 57 if I count the two proof copies where I did my corrections before final printing. (Its PDF version, however, is the equivalent of an e-book and is readily available to those interested and still believe in e-book's possibilities in terms of reaching an audience.)

While he and Ging chatted in his dining room, I took photos of the interiors of his home. The experience felt like his wife, the late Tita (or Tita Tita as writers younger than her address her), had just stepped out of the house and was expected to return in a bit with flowers for the other vases.

I know that these exquisite odds and ends in the Ordoñez house are Tita Tita's touches, her contribution to turning it into a home. And from her choices, I could also tell right away that they were such sweethearts.

Thank you, Elmer, for letting me into your world. Continue living a beautiful life.



















Photos by Babeth Lolarga



No comments: