Monday, February 10, 2014

Monday as Lucy van Pelt

There is this cartoon of Charlie Brown looking determined, he's caught running towards a football that is standing on its head and held in place by Lucy van Pelt. We also know that Charlie never gets to kick the ball. Lucy always pulls it away at the last second.

To me Mondays are like Lucy. I am fiercely determined to start the week right, to finish the unfinished and not graduate from a project with a grade of "Incomplete." And then someone, something suddenly stalls the mad rush to meet my goal.

In this case it's the sight of this white flower that's about the size of my pinkie's fingernail. The names of flowers I haven't mastered yet. After my daughter Kimi taught me an old camera's macro function, I've used it to satisfactory purposes.

Have a good week then--and yes, Monday, here I come!

Wee five-petal beauty Photo by Babeth Lolarga

No comments: