Tuesday, June 4, 2013

How we spent the last weekend of May

Please don't expect me to write something profound or strangely soul-stirring. After all, I spent my summer with a child. I am not complaining, though, because this kind of vacation or bonding time was what I originally set out to do. Besides, I didn't want to think when I came up in March. Let the coming school year take care of all the thinking and planning and evaluating.

Nothing like bringing toddler Kai to an overnight stay at a hotel. She never fails to provide that nicely, whimsically energetic touch to any activity or non-activity. These snapshots are from the other weekend when we realized it was too late to go to the beach so we may as well take advantage of an unsolicited hotel stay waiver. Thank you, Juraine, for that and redeeming what's left of the Summer of 2013!

The ceiling of The Manor is kinda low, but they compensate by always having a beautiful floral centerpiece.

Kimi checks us in while Kai cases the joint.

Gets comfy immediately.
Finds pencil and a pad of paper.
Scribbles and stares.
Refuses calls to join the family picture with grandparents.
Continues to stare out the picture window. The view there is certainly better.
Most photos by Babeth Lolarga

No comments: