Monday, January 28, 2013

Reminders to the girls in my life, including this wanna-be crone

Those sites in the Interweb (my daughter's witty combination of Internet and the World Wide Web) are full of little reminders that boost self-love, self-esteem, empowerment of girl children and women in a world where misogyny is still alive, in a world where to choose a different path is considered a heretic or an apostate move by those who consider themselves the only ones redeemed and deserving of heaven.

It's only Monday so where do I begin?

Guess I'll share what I've reaped from the Interweb. I may not always agree with State Secretary Hillary Clinton and US foreign policy, but when she declared, "Women's rights are human rights, and human rights are women's rights", I could sense a lot of unreformed machos pee a little in their oh-so-tight briefs.







No comments: