Thursday, January 9, 2014

Redeemed by a Russian

Seeking Redemption
Fiction

Story of a girl Meera, who is unwittingly drawn into a conflict from where she finds it difficult to emerge unscathed. It’s her journey from being a simple, medical graduate belonging to a middle class family to the uncharted territories of corruption and caste-based politics. Her path is crossed by two men, both compelling yet completely contrasting characters, who are going to change her life forever. If it is Aman Sharma who can challenge her ideals, defy her resolves and make her the person she finally becomes, it is Abhay Bharti’s sublime love which enables her to go through the vicissitudes of life. It’s also the story of her loss as well as triumph against her own demons to find her true self.
- from http://www.independentauthornetwork.com/madhu-vajpayee.html

Mornings have a way of starting me off on a brooding mood. It all depends, too, on what I had for dinner. If I had meat, most likely the thoughts will have shades of indigo. If I had something leafy or fruity, you can guess the mood and moon I'm in--nice and breezy does it, and I'll be singing along with Frank Sinatra before you can utter "YouTube!"

Late afternoon of yesterday, I sought out my guilty pleasure, my love-hate thing with a carinderia's beef kaldereta. I was aware of the morning-after consequence but defied this personal law. What I did to counter beefy dominance this morning was to put Russian music on in my mini-stereo: Vasily Petrenko conducting the Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra with Simon Trpceski as soloist in "Rachmaninoff: Piano Concerto No.2."

It was all the redemption I needed. And now to begin the day's first movement.

Angel's trumpet Photo by Babeth Lolarga

No comments: