Monday, January 6, 2014

Stealing time

“The trouble is, you think you have time.” – Buddha

First working Monday of the year and I groan, where did the vacay go? I feel like I need a vacay from the Christmas vacay. It's because when you're with family, especially if you're a woman of a certain age like I am (farther and farther from 58 and nearer 59), several roles are played simultaneously, sometimes strenuously: wife, mother, grandma. The last is the most fun because the strain is physical, and it provides all the exercise I need, including soul-boosting laughing breaks.

The next time I'll have for myself is in transit--when I move back to the world of work. During that trip to that world, I shall be a faceless passenger in the bus with lots of alone time. Then I'll get to know "youself" better again. It'll be fun, too.

The shadows on these stones depend on where the sun is at a certain time of day. Photo by Babeth Lolarga

No comments: