Thursday, January 2, 2014

The owl and the booboo went to sea

"Never close your lips to those whom you have opened your heart." - Charles Dickens

What is Charles the Dickens doing in this space when his Christmas Carol now belongs to Christmas just past? Ralph Fiennes plays Dickens in the film The Invisible Woman that tells about his affair with Claire Tomalin, the woman referred to in the title. I'm not gonna get that movie past me even if it doesn't reach local screens. Thank you, Torrentz, and thank you, Kimi, for knowing at one point when a new flick is "downloadable." Hurray for Net-savvy kids!

What the Dickens is the opening quote for? It's for the lil person who's not so little in her sage pronouncements and who I allowed into my heart when the announcement of her coming was made. What has happened since is I can't close my lips anymore -- I'm singing to her, scolding her, feeding her, sitting her on the toilet with instructions to "Hold Booboo!" or listening to her when I'm rendered speechless.

Here's to you, little owl!

The Butones wearing her owl cap one morning Photo by her Booboo



No comments: