Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Take coffee to heart



 "It is by coffee alone I set my mind in motion." — Anonymous

It isn't coffee alone that I literally take to heart. 

Many things, actually, from trying to be dutiful daughter to my 85-year-old mom to parenting two daughters who have minds and hearts of their own to grand-smothering  a pretty wee lady. Grandmotherhood, in my humble opinion, is no parenting at all; it is sheer bliss and its own reward apart from giving an opportunity to one's adult child to learn from the lessons set by her parents, especially by an eccentric mom like yours truly.

As for coffee, I like to drink it from a ceramic, not paper, cup. I like its taste to be as full-bodied as this hefty corpus I wear as an armor and with pride. No decaf for me which I think is only for wimps or for aging madonnas who no longer can take the hit-the-roof rush of a caffeine fix. I will get there one day, a decaf coffee-drinkin' hipster lola (Joey Cobcobo's term of endearment) in the mornin, a retired scotch-swillin', hip-shootin cowgirl at night.

In the meantime, let's have that cuppa joe.

Photo via Frommers.com community 
Quote found in Google+

No comments: