Saturday, November 24, 2012

Guess who came to visit on a Saturday?

Today's another Saturday so the oldies but goodies of Pasig eagerly await the visit of the young and the fearless. 

The latest member of the latter batch is Jared Franco Jorge Susi whom I love to refer to as Jar-jar (his mom who fully breastfeeds him is nicknamed Jaja, while the father, in his childhood, we used to call Pao-pao). Repetition of syllables can be musical to the human ear apart from being easy to remember.
My sister, Mamita Gigi, cradles Jar-jar
Max on her great grandma's rocking chair
Jar-jar's older cousin Machiko, who turns a happy two at the end of this month, we've come to know as Max. She must be the smartest kid on her block in Antipolo, quite ready for pre-school (she's into watercolor painting already) and like my own darling in Baguio, Kai a.k.a. Butones Fernandez, can memorize tunes. Butones is into body parts, "My toes, my knees, my shoulder, my head," and its Filipino version.  Max likes to up the ante; she can sing out "Raindrops keep falling on my head," the theme song from my fave flick from the '70s, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, in her signature voice that is a cross between mezzo-soprano and alto range. Max also likes to play dress-up, quite an advanced form of play.

So I and my older siblings are about to quote JC (Jesus Christ) in calling out to these Antipolo-based innocents so they may lighten and brighten this particular Booboo's working Saturday: "Let the children come to me. Don't stop them! For the Kingdom of Heaven belongs to those who are like these children."

No comments: