Friday, November 9, 2012

'Kilig' photo of the week

I'm no American; I'm proudly Philippine born and raised. Nevertheless, this photo of the US First Couple I found moving. Perhaps because I learned from the news that many college educated women voted for this man, so did many peoples of color. Conservatives in my part of the world, where the reproductive health bill that stands to benefit everyone, especially women, children and the marginalized many, is still languishing, criticize Barack Obama's stand on abortion but are silent on the more explosive danger behind Republican Mitt Romney's wanting to expand gun ownership. In my convoluted kind of logic, I consider Obama's win the triumph of women, too. Go Michelle!

Photo sourced from the World Wide Web

2 comments:

sheilfa said...

hi, sori, this is not about barrack obama, i dont know how to snailmail u, so i hav to reach u here (i hope). this is about your translation of the poem Wild Geese by Mary Oliver, may we use that for our print publication Tumba Lata Roadmap? It is a literary tabloid size four-pager in newsprint written in Filipino, English and Tausug. We can send you by snail mail a copy of our first issue (November-December 2012) if you like.

sheilfa said...

my email ad po pala is sheilfa@yahoo.com. my tel. number is 09173462975